Beard Winter LLP is seeking a Corporate Clerk to join our Corporate Law Department.
- at least 4+ years of direct, relevant and practical experience in Corporate Law;
- law clerk certification is an asset;
- knowledge of applicable corporate statutes and regulations (CBCA, OBCA, etc.);
- superior analytical and organizational abilities;
- the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities;
- is time conscious and deadline oriented;
- considers themselves a consummate professional who works well under pressure;
- can function easily in MS Word;
- has the ability to work independently with little supervision but appreciates the benefits of being part of a team.
Responsibilities would include, but not limited to:
- drafting documentation relating to incorporations, annual proceedings, dissolutions, annual resolutions, etc.;
- conducting minute book reviews and maintaining corporate records/registers;
- conducting corporate searches, and analyzing/summarizing search results;
- assisting with corporate reorganizations, share and asset purchase transactions, including preparing/maintaining closing checklists; reviewing/drafting closing documents including resolutions, officers’ certificates and other supporting documents; preparing closing books and drafting reporting letters.
Beard Winter LLP is a mid-size, multi-service law firm, located downtown Toronto. We have a strong talent group and dynamic work environment. Our employees are a key component of our success.
Interested candidates may submit their application in confidence by using the “Apply Now” button on this page or directly to:
Debbie Cymbron, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beard Winter LLP adopts an inclusive and accessible environment and we are committed to providing support to applicants and firm members with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment, selection and assessment process, please contact Debbie Cymbron, Manager, Human Resources.
While we welcome your email and look forward to hearing from you, please note that sending this email does not create a solicitor-client relationship, or any other contractual business relationship, between you and Beard Winter LLP. We would ask that you refrain from asking specific legal questions and/or divulging information that you wish to keep confidential.