Beard Winter LLP is looking for a law clerk to work directly with a senior partner in the area of complex litigation.
Ideal candidates will:
- have 5+ years of demonstrated clerk experience in complex & civil litigation;
- have experience in working in a busy litigation practice;
- have experience with Court of Appeal, Supreme Court, etc.;
- be flexible, time conscious, deadline oriented and have the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities;
- be resourceful, including good problem-solving skills;
- be a professional individual who works well under pressure;
- have a solid customer service approach;
- function easily in a customized MS Word and DMS environments, Amicus (is an asset) and litigation based software; and
- have the ability to work independently with little supervision but appreciate the benefits of being part of a team
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- briefing and updating files including initial reports, medical briefs, etc;
- drafting mediation and pre-trial memos, trial briefs, AODs, etc.
- reviewing & summarizing medical documentation and other file contents;
- following up on undertakings and productions.
Beard Winter LLP is a mid-size, multi-service law firm, located downtown Toronto. We have a strong talent group and dynamic work environment. Our employees are a key component of our success.
Interested candidates may submit their application in confidence via email to:
Human Resources Manager
Beard Winter LLP adopts an inclusive and accessible environment and we are committed to providing support to applicants and firm members with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment, selection and assessment process, please contact Debbie Cymbron, Manager, Human Resources.
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment verification.
While we welcome your email and look forward to hearing from you, please note that sending this email does not create a solicitor-client relationship, or any other contractual business relationship, between you and Beard Winter LLP. We would ask that you refrain from asking specific legal questions and/or divulging information that you wish to keep confidential.