Beard Winter LLP is looking for a knowledgeable and dedicated Litigation Law Clerk to add to our group of insurance defence and commercial litigators.
The ideal candidate will have:
- several years of experience in defence of life and disability claims, critical illness, products liability, personal injury and negligence claims. Trial experience is an asset.
- several years of experience with complex contractual disputes, commercial host liability, occupier’s liability, etc.
- the ability to manage a large volume of documents and work in a fast-paced environment;
- proficiency with the Rules of Civil Procedure;
- superior analytical and organizational abilities;
- exceptional ability to effectively manage multiple priorities;
- the ability to be time conscious and deadline oriented;
- a hands-on, proactive approach to their work;
- strong writing & grammar skills;
- be a consummate professional who works well under pressure;
- the ability to function easily in MS Word and DMS environment;
- the ability to work independently with little supervision, but appreciates the benefits of being part of a team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- briefing and updating files including initial reports;
- drafting mediation and pre-trial memos, AODs, etc.
- reviewing & summarizing medical documentation and other file contents;
- following up on undertakings and productions.
Beard Winter LLP is a mid-size, multi-service law firm, located downtown Toronto. We have a strong talent group and dynamic work environment. Our employees are a key component of our success.
Interested candidates may submit their application in confidence via email to:
Human Resources Manager
Beard Winter LLP adopts an inclusive and accessible environment and we are committed to providing support to applicants and firm members with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment, selection and assessment process, please contact Debbie Cymbron, Manager, Human Resources.
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment verification.