Beard Winter LLP is hiring!
We are looking for a knowledgeable and dedicated Litigation Law Clerk who has solid experience in civil litigation. This position involves supporting a Senior Level Partner in the area of insurance defence.
Skills & Qualifications:
- at least 5+ years of direct, relevant and practical experience in insurance defence litigation (tort and accident benefits).
- the ability to manage a large volume of documents and work in a fast-paced environment;
- proficient with the Rules of Civil Procedure;
- possess superior analytical and organizational abilities;
- has exceptional ability to effectively manage multiple priorities;
- is time conscious and deadline oriented;
- has a hands-on, proactive approach to their work;
- strong writing, grammar and proofreading skills;
- considers themselves a consummate professional who works well under pressure;
- can function easily in MS Word and DMS environment; and
- has the ability to work independently with little supervision, but appreciates the benefits of being part of a team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- electronic briefing and updating files;
- drafting mediation and pre-trial memos, AODs, etc.
- reviewing & summarizing medical documentation and other file contents; and
- following up on undertakings and productions.
We are a mid-sized, downtown law firm and offer competitive salaries and bonus structure for the law clerks. We have a talented group of lawyers and staff and a great work environment. Our employees are a key component of our success.
Interested candidates may submit their application in confidence by using the “Apply Now” button on this page or via email to:
Human Resources Manager
Beard Winter LLP adopts an inclusive and accessible environment and we are committed to providing support to applicants and firm members with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment, selection and assessment process, please contact Debbie Cymbron, Manager, Human Resources.