Accounting, E-Billing Clerk
Beard Winter LLP is adding to the team! We are currently looking for an E-Billing Clerk to join our accounting department.
Key Responsibilities are:
- Work closely with legal professionals to manage the e-billing process from beginning to end;
- Review and edit pre-bills based on lawyers’ instructions, client specifications and firm policies and procedures;
- Review and edit accounts for accuracy and compliance to outside counsel guidelines;
- Prepare electronic bills in LEDES (Legal Electronic Data Exchange Standard) format and submit to client e-billing platform;
- Track status of bills submitted, identify issues and work with colleagues to address invoices failed on submission and deductions as they arise;
- Working closely with lawyers and other firm members to ensure proper submission and revising of budgets on e-billing platforms;
- Manage appeal process including review monthly deduction report, prepare and submit appeals to client every month and determine write-offs;
- Generating billing client/matter reports including monthly WIP Report, Accounts Receivable, Online Budgets in and Quarterly Status Report
- Following up on outstanding WIP and WIP Issues;
- Open new client files in the accounting system and reconcile new legal referrals with new files opened by the client in the e-billing platform;
- Work with external billing providers to resolve e-billing issues.
The ideal candidates will:
- Have at least 4-5 years of accounting experience; experience in a legal accounting environment is required;
- Have a college or university accounting diploma;
- Extensive experience using and an advanced understanding of Microsoft Office (including Word and Excel), financial software and legal accounting third party e-billing software such as TyMetrix, Serengeti and Bottomline Technologies;
- Have strong analytical skills and have an extremely high attention to detail;
- Be flexible, time conscious and deadline oriented;
- Have demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and is highly organized;
- Have considered themselves consummate professionals who work well under pressure;
- Have an ongoing commitment to learning and can adapt to change;
- Be capable of working very closely with a department, but is also capable of working well independently.
Beard Winter LLP is a mid-size, multi-service law firm, located downtown Toronto. We have a strong talent group and dynamic work environment. Our employees are a key component of our success.
Interested candidates may submit their application in confidence to Debbie Cymbron, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beard Winter LLP adopts an inclusive and accessible environment and we are committed to providing support to applicants and firm members with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment, selection and assessment process, please contact Debbie Cymbron, Manager, Human Resources.
While we welcome your email and look forward to hearing from you, please note that sending this email does not create a solicitor-client relationship, or any other contractual business relationship, between you and Beard Winter LLP. We would ask that you refrain from asking specific legal questions and/or divulging information that you wish to keep confidential.