Beard Winter LLP is proud to be recognized as a Top 10 Ontario Regional Law Firm by Canadian Lawyer magazine for 2021-22, and as one of The Globe and Mail’s Canada’s Best Law Firms for 2023 with a special distinction in the practice area of Insurance Law.
Beard Winter is a multi-service, mid-sized law firm located in downtown Toronto, our unwavering commitment to clients is the foundation of our history since 1964. Recognized for our insurance defence litigation expertise, we act for many of Canada’s largest insurance companies. Best Lawyers and Lexpert recognize our lawyers in the areas of insurance law, insurance defence litigation, estates, trusts law and family law. Our employees are a key component of our success.
We are growing and adding to our team! We are currently recruiting for an Accounts Payable Clerk to add to our accounting department.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Day to day accounts payable tasks;
- Processing accounts payable;
- Preparing and processing daily & rush cheques, and obtaining authorized signatures;
- Coding vendor invoices, ensuring accuracy and receiving proper approvals;
- Reviewing and processing expenses reports;
- Reconciling various disbursements including but not limited to Teraview transactions, iPhone charges, etc.;
- Petty cash & balancing;
- Preparing & distributing various reports, including month end and WIP reports;
- Back up to the trust clerk (firm deposits, bank wires, etc.).
The ideal candidates will:
- Have at least 2 years of accounts payables experience;
- Experience in a legal accounting environment is preferred;
- Have working knowledge of general accounting procedures and guidelines;
- Have strong analytical skills and have an extremely high attention to detail;
- Be flexible, time conscious and deadline oriented;
- Have demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and is highly organized;
- Be capable of working very closely with a department, but is also capable of working well independently.
Interested candidates may submit their application in confidence to Debbie Cymbron, Director, Human Resources at email@example.com.
Beard Winter LLP adopts an inclusive and accessible environment and we are committed to providing support to applicants and firm members with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment, selection and assessment process, please contact Debbie Cymbron, Director, Human Resources.
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment verification.