Beard Winter LLP is looking for a knowledgeable and dedicated Civil Litigation Law Clerk to add to our group of insurance defence litigators. This is a contract position (approximately 14 months) and the candidate will be working with a senior-level partner in the area of Insurance Defence (mainly Long Term Disability matters).
Skills & Qualifications:
- 4+ years of direct, relevant and practical experience in insurance defence (tort) litigation. Experience in the Life and Health field is desired.
- law clerk certification;
- the ability to manage a large volume of documents and work in a fast-paced environment;
- proficient with the Rules of Civil Procedure;
- possess superior analytical and organizational abilities;
- has the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities;
- is time conscious and deadline oriented;
- has a hands-on, proactive approach to their work;
- strong writing & grammar skills;
- considers themselves a consummate professional who works well under pressure;
- can function easily in MS Word and DMS environment;
- the ability to work independently with little supervision but appreciates the benefits of being part of a team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- briefing and updating files;
- drafting mediation and pre-trial memos, AODs, etc.
- reviewing & summarizing medical documentation and other file contents;
- following up on undertakings and productions.
Beard Winter LLP is a mid-size, multi-service law firm, located downtown Toronto. We have a strong talent group and dynamic work environment. Our employees are a key component of our success.
Interested candidates may submit their application in confidence via email to:
Human Resources Manager
Beard Winter LLP adopts an inclusive and accessible environment and we are committed to providing support to applicants and firm members with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment, selection and assessment process, please contact Debbie Cymbron, Manager, Human Resources.
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment verification.