Beard Winter LLP is proud to be recognized as a Top 10 Ontario Regional Law Firm by Canadian Lawyer magazine for 2021-22, and a Canadian Law Awards Excellence Awardee for Ontario Law Firm of the Year for 2021.
Beard Winter is a multi-service, mid-sized law firm located in downtown Toronto, our unwavering commitment to clients is the foundation of our history since 1964. Recognized for our insurance defence litigation expertise, we act for many of Canada’s largest insurance companies. Best Lawyers and Lexpert recognize our lawyers in the areas of insurance law, insurance defence litigation, estates, trusts law and family law. Our employees are a key component of our success.
We are looking for a Junior/Intermediate Level IT Specialist, to join our technology department for a 6 month contract position.
Our Junior/Intermediate IT Specialist role will help administer and manage the technology of our firm, both front facing user support and back end network administration support.
Our ideal candidate is someone with a passion for technology and a desire to grow and learn.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and record support requests from end-users.
- Troubleshoot end-user software, hardware, and network issues.
- Coordinate with vendors as needed towards issue resolution.
- Install, configure, and upgrade PC software and operating systems.
- Complete hardware repairs.
- Respond to incoming alerts from client system monitoring.
- Work with System Administrators to schedule and implement upgrades/replacements
- Participate in the testing and evaluation of hardware and software in partnership with IT team and design technology leadership.
- Adapt/modify existing hardware and software to meet specific needs.
- Maintain peripherals (i.e. printers).Document and update best practices for position and group.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Excellent customer service skills including verbal and written communication.
- Firm understanding of desktop and laptop hardware and how to diagnose and repair problems.
- Familiarity with Windows operating systems in a business environment including imaging, account management and group policies, and troubleshooting.
- Ability to assist with email problems including mail client configuration, spam filters, and mail flow troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of MS Windows desktop, Microsoft Office365, and VMWare is required.
- Basic Windows Server administration including Active Directory and File Services.
- Basic understanding of network concepts such as TCP/IP, routing and switching, Wireless, DHCP, DNS, and VPNs.
- Minimum 3 year degree in related field or equivalent certifications/experience.
Interested candidates may submit their application in confidence via email to:
Human Resources Manager
Beard Winter LLP adopts an inclusive and accessible environment, and we are committed to providing support to applicants and firm members with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment, selection, and assessment process, please contact Debbie Cymbron, Manager, Human Resources.
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment verification.