Beard Winter LLP is looking for a knowledgeable and dedicated Civil Litigation Law Clerk to join our group of insurance defence litigators.
Beard Winter LLP is proud to be recognized as a Top 10 Ontario Regional Law Firm by Canadian Lawyer magazine for 2021-22, and a Canadian Law Awards Excellence Awardee for Ontario Law Firm of the Year for 2021.
Beard Winter is a multi-service, mid-sized law firm located in downtown Toronto, our unwavering commitment to clients is the foundation of our history since 1964. Recognized for our insurance defence litigation expertise, we act for many of Canada’s largest insurance companies. Best Lawyers and Lexpert recognize our lawyers in the areas of insurance law, insurance defence litigation, estates, trusts law and family law. Our employees are a key component of our success.
Skills & Qualifications:
- at least 3+ years of direct, relevant, and practical experience in insurance defence (tort) litigation and AB/LAT experience.
- the ability to manage large volume of documents and work in a fast-paced environment.
- proficient with the Rules of Civil Procedure and LAT.
- possess superior analytical and organizational abilities.
- has exceptional ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- is time conscious and deadline oriented.
- has a hands-on, proactive approach to their work.
- strong writing & grammar skills.
- considers themselves a consummate professional who works well under pressure.
- can function easily in MS Word and DMS environment.
- has the ability to work independently with little supervision but appreciates the benefits of being part of a team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- briefing and updating files.
- drafting mediation and pre-trial memos, AODs, etc.
- reviewing & summarizing medical documentation and other file contents.
- following up on undertakings and productions.
Interested candidates may submit their application in confidence via email to:
Director, Human Resources
Beard Winter LLP adopts an inclusive and accessible environment, and we are committed to providing support to applicants and firm members with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment, selection, and assessment process, please contact Debbie Cymbron, Manager, Human Resources.
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment verification.