Law Clerk, Civil Litigation
We are looking for a knowledgeable and dedicated Litigation Law Clerk who has solid experience in civil litigation. This position involves working on insurance defence litigation files, with an emphasis on accident benefits.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- reviewing and summarizing medical documentation and other file contents;
- following up on productions;
- briefing file materials;
- drafting FSCO submissions;
- assisting with FSCO arbitration and motions;
- drafting LAT responses and submissions;
- direct communication with various counsel and clients;
- overall daily file maintenance.
- at least 3+ years of direct, relevant and practical experience in insurance defence litigation (Accident Benefits experience is required);
- proficient with the SABS/LAT;
- possess superior analytical and organizational abilities;
- exceptional ability to effectively manage multiple priorities;
- be time conscious and deadline oriented;
- a hands-on, proactive approach to their work;
- considers themselves a consummate professional who works well under pressure;
- can function easily in MS Word environment;
- the ability to work independently with little supervision but appreciates the benefits of being part of a team.
Beard Winter LLP is a mid-size, multi-service law firm, located downtown Toronto. We have a strong talent group and dynamic work environment. Our employees are a key component of our success.
To submit your application in confidence, please contact:
Human Resources Manager
Beard Winter LLP adopts an inclusive and accessible environment and we are committed to providing support to applicants and firm members with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment, selection and assessment process, please contact Debbie Cymbron, Manager, Human Resources.
While we welcome your email and look forward to hearing from you, please note that sending this email does not create a solicitor-client relationship, or any other contractual business relationship, between you and Beard Winter LLP. We would ask that you refrain from asking specific legal questions and/or divulging information that you wish to keep confidential.