Beard Winter LLP is looking for a law clerk to work directly with a partner in the area of Family Law. This is a contract position for approximately 4 – 6 months.
The successful candidate will have:
- several years of direct, relevant and practical experience in the area of Family Law;
- a law clerk certification and additional relevant courses are an asset;
- excellent client service skills;
- superior analytical and organizational abilities;
- exceptional ability to effectively manage multiple priorities;
- a hands-on, proactive approach to their work;
- demonstrated the ability to draft original documents;
- a solid understanding of MS Word environment including Excel;
- experience with Divorcemate; and
- the ability to work independently with little supervision but be able to appreciate the benefits of being part of a team.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- assisting with trial preparation;
- drafting various court documents as required;
- managing and organizing files;
- preparing financial statements, net family property statements, etc.;
Beard Winter LLP is a mid-size, multi-service law firm, located downtown Toronto. We have a strong talent group and dynamic work environment. Our employees are a key component of our success.
Interested candidates may submit their application in confidence via email to:
Human Resources Manager
Beard Winter LLP adopts an inclusive and accessible environment and we are committed to providing support to applicants and firm members with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment, selection and assessment process, please contact Debbie Cymbron, Manager, Human Resources.
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment verification.