Beard Winter LLP is proud to be recognized as a Top 10 Ontario Regional Law Firm by Canadian Lawyer magazine for 2021-22, and as one of The Globe and Mail’s Canada’s Best Law Firms for 2024.
Beard Winter is a multi-service, mid-sized law firm located in downtown Toronto, our unwavering commitment to clients is the foundation of our history since 1964. Our employees are a key component of our success.
Beard Winter LLP is looking for a legal assistant to work directly with a partner and an associate in the area of Family Law.
The successful candidate will have:
- several years of direct, relevant and practical experience in the area of Family Law.
- understanding of Family Law Rules and court filing procedures.
- excellent client service skills.
- superior analytical and organizational abilities.
- exceptional ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- a hands-on, proactive approach to their work.
- a solid understanding of MS Word environment including Excel.
- experience with Divorcemate and the ability to work within a DMS.
- the ability to work independently with little supervision but appreciates the benefits of being part of a team.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- providing legal and administrative support to the family law group.
- responsible for all scheduling, and drafting of legal correspondence and pleadings.
- filing and serving documents with the courts.
- client communication.
- organization of files, both in paper and digital format.
- responsible for all prebills, final accounts and general accounting procedures.
Interested candidates may submit their application in confidence via email to:
Director, Human Resources
Beard Winter LLP adopts an inclusive and accessible environment, and we are committed to providing support to applicants and firm members with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment, selection, and assessment process, please contact Debbie Cymbron, Director, Human Resources.
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment verification.