Beard Winter LLP is looking for several law clerk candidates to fill contract opportunities ranging from 12 to 18 months in duration within the area of insurance defence litigation (Tort, LAT and Life & Health). We offer competitive salaries with bonus opportunities; major medical & dental benefits and vacation entitlement throughout the duration of the contracts.
Skills & Qualifications:
- at least 4+ years of experience within the area of insurance defence litigation (Tort, AB/LAT, Life & Health);
- law clerk certification is an asset;
- proficient with the Rules of Civil Procedure;
- has the ability to manage a large volume of documents and work in a fast-paced environment;
- has superior analytical and organizational abilities and has the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities;
- is time conscious and deadline oriented;
- has a hands-on, proactive approach to their work;
- has strong writing & grammar skills;
- is a consummate professional who works well under pressure;
- can function easily in MS Word and DMS environment;
- has the ability to work independently with little supervision but appreciates the benefits of being part of a team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- briefing and updating files;
- drafting mediation and pre-trial memos, AODs, etc.
- reviewing & summarizing medical documentation and other file contents;
- following up on undertakings and productions.
Beard Winter LLP is a mid-size, multi-service law firm, located downtown Toronto. We have a strong talent group and dynamic work environment. Our employees are a key component of our success.
Interested candidates may submit their application in confidence via email to:
Human Resources Manager
Beard Winter LLP adopts an inclusive and accessible environment and we are committed to providing support to applicants and firm members with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment, selection and assessment process, please contact Debbie Cymbron, Manager, Human Resources.
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment verification.