Beard Winter LLP is proud to be recognized as a Top 10 Ontario Regional Law Firm by Canadian Lawyer magazine for 2021-22, and as one of The Globe and Mail’s Canada’s Best Law Firms for 2023 with a special distinction in the practice area of Insurance Law.
Beard Winter is a multi-service, mid-sized law firm located in downtown Toronto, our unwavering commitment to clients is the foundation of our history since 1964. Best Lawyers and Lexpert recognize our lawyers in the areas of insurance law, insurance defence litigation, estates, trusts law and family law. Our employees are a key component of our success.
We are seeking an Operations Manager to join our administrative team. This individual will provide administrative (non-legal) support for specific business areas or functions across the Firm.
Key responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Manages the members of a team mainly composed of general office services support staff and provides office support for the Firm which includes but not limited to the day to day functions of the office services department.
- Works closely with Firm members to understand needs and recommend solutions.
- Proposes and ensures the implementation of policies, workflows issued by senior level management.
- Ensures that targets are met within established timelines and allocated resources.
- Intervenes and recommends appropriate solutions when new and complex problems arise and acts as a reference person for this field of expertise.
- Manages and organizes the retention of Firm’s records, communication systems, and building utilities.
- Manages the onboarding/departure of lawyers.
- Takes the lead with new system application projects and rollouts.
- Coordinates and manages vendor/Firm needs.
- Responsible for Occupational Health & Safety Chair at the management level.
- Assists with general policy writing and procedure/workflow.
- Manages firm insurance and professional memberships.
- Assists with special projects as required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with technology and an openness to innovation.
- Excellent communication skills and customer service approach.
- Ability to manage a team.
- Policy drafting and implementation experience.
- 8+ years of relevant law firm/professional services experience.
Interested candidates may submit their application in confidence to Debbie Cymbron, Director, Human Resources at email@example.com.
Beard Winter LLP adopts an inclusive and accessible environment and we are committed to providing support to applicants and firm members with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment, selection and assessment process, please contact Debbie Cymbron, Director, Human Resources.
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment verification.