Beard Winter LLP is adding to the team! We are currently looking for a Staff Accountant to join our accounting department.
Demonstrated Skill Set & Experience:
- At least two (2) years’ experience working within an accounting department. Law Firm experience is an asset;
- Working towards Accounting designation (CPA) or equivalent experience;
- Knowledge of CRA tax laws and regulations, and a solid understanding of Law Society regulations;
- Excellent understanding of best accounting practices and procedures, financial analytics and reporting skills;
- Solid knowledge of standard business accounting reports, accounting concepts and techniques (including G/L, trend analysis, ratios, accrual accounting, performance metrics, etc.);
- Ability to organize and present data concisely to achieve desired results;
- Strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy with numbers and financial concepts;
- High proficiency in time management and organizational skills;
- Maintain a positive attitude and professional demeanour;
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality;
- Working knowledge of the concepts of law office accounting software (ProLaw) would be an asset; exceptional knowledgeable in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook is a requirement.
Working closely with the Director of Finance and Administration, this individual would be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Preparing ad hoc reports for analysis of financial detail.
- Assisting in the analysis of various aspects of a financial nature, including but not limited to revenue analysis, client trends, departmental performance, profitability analysis, etc.;
- Preparing monthly draft financial statements;
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual Firm budget;
- Assisting in the preparation of various partnership materials;
- Performing account analysis and explanation of variances/trends in budgets and forecasts;
- Meeting mandated filing dates;
- Preparing reconciliation of bank accounts;
- Assisting with annual tax requirements;
- Overseeing/monitoring accounts payable and accounts receivable processes;
- Working closely with legal professionals to manage WIP;
- Processing monthly HST remittances;
- Working on special projects as required.
Beard Winter LLP is a mid-size, multi-service law firm, located downtown Toronto. We have a strong talent group and a dynamic work environment. Our employees are a key component of our success.
Interested candidates may submit their application in confidence to:
Debbie Cymbron, Human Resources Manager at email@example.com
Beard Winter LLP adopts an inclusive and accessible environment and we are committed to providing support to applicants and firm members with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment, selection and assessment process, please contact Debbie Cymbron, Manager, Human Resources.
While we welcome your email and look forward to hearing from you, please note that sending this email does not create a solicitor-client relationship, or any other contractual business relationship, between you and Beard Winter LLP. We would ask that you refrain from asking specific legal questions and/or divulging information that you wish to keep confidential.